Condominium Fee FAQ’s

Q. What is the difference between debt collectors and solicitors?

A. Welbeck Solicitors LLP is a firm of solicitors, authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Debt collectors are generally not legally qualified and are not entitled to commence litigation action in the courts.

Q. I am an Administrator of a Condominium in Portugal and I want to use your service. Do I have to pay you in advance?

A. We do raise a small administration charge to enable us to offer a more efficient service to our clients.

This charge is used to make various searches and traces on the debtor, with the aim of trying to confirm or otherwise locate the debtor’s UK address. By doing the searches at the outset we can provide a more efficient service.

The searches conducted include the following:

i. A Bankruptcy search. This is to ensure that the debtor has not already been declared bankrupt.
ii. A Companies House search, which will reveal if the debtor is a director.
iii. A Land Registry search. This will reveal if the debtor owns their home solely or jointly with anybody else.
iv. Experian tracing searches. The debtor’s address will usually be picked up by Experian.
v. Social Networking Sites, such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.

Q. I am debtor, how can I make payment?

A. For information on how to make a payment of your debt go to our condominium fee debt repayment page.

Q. How do I instruct you?

A. Please click here and complete our Instruction Form which should then be sent to us by email or fax without delay.

Q.  How much do you charge?

A. For information on how Welbeck Solicitors LLP charge, please go to our condominium fee service page.

Q. I have a query. What’s the best way of contacting you?

A. Call us on 020 7467 3999 or complete our condominium fee enquiry form and somebody will usually get back to you within 3 days of receiving your enquiry.

Q. I am a debtor, what happens if I ignore all the documents I have received from the Court?

A. Whether you have received our letter of claim or an order from the Court telling you that payment has to be made, we may, without further notice, take enforcement action against you without prior notice. If bankruptcy proceedings are issued, your home and other assets, even if abroad, could be at risk.